Monday, July 21, 2008

"It's so dang hot...the zoo was a bad choice!"

On the way home, as I was finally cooling off, I just started laughing because my experience reminded me of a scene in one of my favorite movies: Anchorman, when Ron Burgundy gets fired from the news team and he becomes depressed. While he is walking down the street, he runs into his friends who won't talk to him, then the camara pans back to him as he takes a gulp of milk out of a carton and says in a depressed yet frustrated tone..."It's so dang hot! Milk was a bad choice!!!"
Eric and I quote that movie all of the time, and although I didn't happen to be drinking milk, as I reflected on our horrific experience, I couldn't help but picture myself trudging along the zoo grounds with that same look across my face...

0 comments: