Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a little DIY project...

My little sis, Julie's birthday is just before Christmas and so I was racking my brain trying to think of a cute do-it-yourself project for her special day, especially since her main gift was for Christmas. I woke up in the middle of the night with the perfect idea!! My mom's temple bag was cute and simple AND has a lot of sentimental meaning, so I decided to update it a little bit for Jules... I love it! She loves it! It turned out great! I really hope she holds onto it for awhile and one day...MANY MANY years from now, she can use it when she goes to the temple:)

This is the bag before:


And after...

4 comments:

Brittny said...

Jess! this is amazing! What a sweet gift, VERY thoughtful and VERY cute!! That will be such a special gift to her always. You are the best big sister, seriously:)

Annie and Dan said...

Wow... I am really impressed!! It looks amazing and I agree, that was such a sweet, cute idea.

Jimmy and Kira Secor said...

So cute!! I love it!! What did you glue on the fabric with??

Mike and Lindsey said...

Love it. What a special idea. A true treasure. You're such an amazing sister and so talented.